Written on September 5, 2011 at 11:38 am , by Jenna Autuori
Monday is notably the most dreaded day of the week for many people. It’s back to the grind, back to school and usually back to that perpetual “Monday I’ll start my diet” talk. However, I have a little secret up my sleeve that I’d like to share with you all. I always take a Monday evening spin class with my favorite instructor Rique Uresti at SoulCycle. His class always pushes me a lot harder than I would have wanted to work out—especially for a Monday. But then that’s why I love it. This class starts my week off on the right foot, with the right attitude about exercising and being healthy.
Since you all can’t be riding alongside with me, I wanted to share one of my favorite playlists from the man himself, which I use all week while training for my upcoming marathon. Thanks Rique!
- “Luminary Ones (Nause Remix),” Rebecca & Fiona
- “The Game We Play (Club Mix),” Raffa Ciello
- “So Many Times (Original Mix),” Gadjo
- “Club Thing (RAC Mix),” Yoav
- “Drake & Diane,” The White Panda
- “Acapella (Dave Aude Extended Mix),” Kelis
- “Sweet Apologize Revisited,” Fissunix
- “Gotta Fly (Steve Miller Band vs. Amerie),” DJ Lobsterdust
Now tell us: What motivates you to work up a sweat when you have a severe case of “the Mondays?”