If you're traveling for Memorial Day: Will you stick with your workout and diet plan or reward yourself with a (deserved!) day or two off? Only 45 percent of Americans say they try to avoid gaining weight on vacation, according to a survey of 1,000 people commissioned by Marriott's SpringHill Suites. Other interesting stats:
- 55 percent say walking or jogging is their favorite way to exercise on vacation
- Three times as many travelers use cardio machines compared to jogging outside
- The top three ways that women stay fit while traveling:
- Cardio machines (31 percent)
- Jogging path (9 percent)
- Pilates, yoga or stretching (6 percent)
Now tell us: What are your favorite ways to get a fitness fix and eat right during a trip?