Written on April 21, 2011 at 9:36 am , by Jenna Autuori
By now, the middle of April, it seems like everyone is hitting the gym hard, cranking up their workouts and really getting their bodies into gear for the summer season (hello, sunshine where are you?). Vacations may be booked, perhaps weddings are on the agenda and there will be many occasions penciled into your calendars where you’ll have to wear sundresses and tank tops.
But if you’ve fallen behind schedule and haven’t gotten your rear in gear, I highly recommend checking out Crunch gyms Beach Body class offered nationwide. Why? Besides getting an amazing total-body workout, you will be entered for a chance to win a vacation to Mexico (more details T.B.A.!). The only caveat: you must attend eight classes in order to be considered as a candidate for this dream trip! Can you commit to two classes each week for a month, like I am?
Each week, the class focuses on a different body part, so the longer you stick with this the better you’ll work every inch of your body. The contest ends May 22nd, so check this out today and you’ll: A) have a new summer goal, B) get a hot body and C) possibly win a free week of luxury! Count me in.
For more info about the program, click here.
Here are two moves from the class that you can try today:
Chest Fly with Ab Challenge
- Lie on back with legs extended straight out and lifted a foot off the floor.
- Hold 5- to 10-pound dumbbells in each hand, raise arms over chest with palms facing each other and elbows slightly bent.
- Lower arms to the floor for two counts and return to starting position for two counts. Be sure to keep abs engaged and lower back pressing into the floor.
- Do 15 to 20 reps, lower legs and rest for one minute, then repeat.
- Beginning on hands and knees, raise right leg up (keeping knee bent) for two counts keeping, then lower down for two counts. Repeat 10 times.
- Then raise leg for single counts 10 times.
- Finally, hold at the top and pulse for ten counts.
- Lower leg and repeat on left side. Repeat the whole circuit twice on each leg.