Written on October 10, 2011 at 9:58 am , by Fitness Magazine
Last week, we had the privilege of chatting fitness and beauty with gorgeous supermodel Veronica Webb, who’s currently training for the New York City Marathon next month, running on behalf of AIDS-focused healthcare non-profit Harlem United. We also discussed her role as fashion director in the U.S. launch of Sector Watches. Take a peek at our conversation:
—By Jaclyn Smock, beauty intern
Written on July 21, 2011 at 7:03 am , by Fitness Magazine
It’s the season of ice cream cones, long nights, pool parties—and scorching temperatures (it’s 100 in NYC today!) that throw a wrench in your standard beauty routine. No need to panic or flee for the indoors: These summer essentials will keep you feeling fresh and looking great.
- Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes: These refreshing, cucumber-scented wipes are great for calming sensitive skin: One towelette gently removes any sweat and dirt on your face.
- Visine Summer Spectrum Relief Eyedrops: Say goodbye to itchy, dry eyes. This special summertime formula combines three different moisturizing ingredients to soothe eyes inflamed by the sun, salt, and wind. Put one drop in each eye after a swim or whenever your eyes feel irritated.
- Philosophy Supernatural Superglossy Lip Gloss SPF 15: This SPF 15-infused gloss is packed with antioxidants to keep your lips looking young and feeling hydrated, while shielding them from the sun’s drying rays.
- Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum: Formulated with hydrating argan oil, this serum helps hair stand up to humidity. When strands are dehydrated, they literally lift off your head in an effort to suck moisture from the air—hence, frizz. The oil infuses hair with the moisture it needs, so it won’t become fuzzy in its quest for more.
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara: The perfect mix of length and shine without any dreaded clumps. My lashes feel light and weightless—especially nice in summer, and it’s waterproof, so it won’t sweat or swim off!
What’s in your summer beauty survival kit?
—By Kelly Garner, beauty intern