Written on May 11, 2012 at 11:38 am , by April Franzino
If you’re on the hunt for the perfect Mother’s Day gift, there’s no more elegant, charming choice than Tocca Eau de Parfum Viaggio Coffret, an adorable trio of three of the brand’s most popular fragrances in miniature vintage-looking bottles that make lovely additions to any vanity or on-the-go bag. The three scents are warm Colette, with jasmine and musk; feminine Giulietta, bursting with florals like rose, lilac, lily and iris; and fresh Bianca, a mix of bergamot, lavender, lemon and green tea. And the gilded box is so gorgeous it requires no more wrapping than the quick tie of a bow.
Tell us: What are your favorite beauty gifts for Mother’s Day?
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Favorite Find Friday | Tags: Bianca, Colette, fragrance, gift, gift set, Giulietta, miniature, Mother's Day, On-the-go, perfume, Scent, Tocca, travel, trio, vanity, vintage
Written on July 19, 2011 at 11:26 am , by April Franzino
Everyone has beauty products that remind them of childhood or their past—for us, the smell of Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer will always remind us of our grandmother (Personal plea to Jergens: Never change it!) We asked fellow FITNESS staffers what beauty product brings back memories for them:
- “Coppertone sunscreen reminds me of my aunt when I was a kid—she wore it all the time at the beach. I still only use Coppertone! Love the smell and the memories of my aunt.” —Elaine Roake, photo director
- “Bonne Bell Lip Smackers bring me back to when I was young and I got a plastic candy cane filled with them in my Christmas stocking. I was so excited and felt so grown-up using them, pretending it was lipstick (which I wasn’t allowed to wear yet!)” —Lisa Haney, senior health editor
- “Tommy Girl perfume: I wore it every day in high school. Whenever I smell a whiff, I think of walking the hallways with friends, and my crush, who wore the guys’ version. I still think it smells awesome: fresh, floral, and clean.” —Sarah D’Angelo, assistant editor
- “Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion has been my go-to face moisturizer since I was in my early teens, first learning about beauty products. My mother used it, so my sister and I followed suit, applying it morning and night. I can’t live without it!” —Lauren Cardarelli, editorial intern
- “Pond’s Dry Skin Cream reminds me of kissing my mom goodnight as a kid and getting a whiff of her fragrant lotion. And cherry-flavored Chapstick makes me feel carefree and young again because it seemed like every kid in my second grade class had a tube!” —Betty Wong, editor-in-chief
- “Noxzema The Original Deep Cleansing Cream will forever transport me to scrubbing off makeup in high school.” —Bethany Gumper, senior editor
- “Olay—Oil of Olay back then! My mom used to always have a jar in the bathroom when I was growing up. She now has Olay lotion in the squeeze container, which always makes me smile when I see it. I even use it when I visit!” —Mary Anderson, deputy editor
Tell us: What beauty product takes you back in time?