Skip the blowout: How gorgeous is this relaxed, undone bun that FITNESS reader (and my friend!) Blake Cotton tried out today? It only took her about seven minutes, and I think it’s a pretty, easy alternative to a ponytail for work or an updo for a date night. You could even wear it exercising too! Here’s the step-by-step:
1. Start with air-dried hair and clip the front and top sections up and out of the way.
2. Create a messy bun at the nape of your neck.
3. Take individual pieces from the front sections and loosely twist them, pinning the pieces into your bun as you go until you reach the top section.
4. Back-comb the crown area for subtle lift, then twist and pin that section into your messy bun.
Lately I’ve been on the hunt for beauty products that make me look great but are space-saving, easy and quick to use—and even save time when I’m in a big rush. These prettifying finds fit the bill:
- Benefit Benetint is a great two-in-one product that I’ve loved for years. This rose tinted stain is perfect for a flush of color on the cheeks and lips—all you need is a dot in each spot.
- Sephora’s Double-Ended Perfect Complexion Brush is a brush I recently picked up and have been using every day since. One side of the brush is a blush/bronzer applicator; the other, a foundation brush—and I love the eye-catching hot pink hue.
- Easy on the go shadow? It’s actually possible with Urban Decay’s Cream Shadow. They offer a nice array of colors for a neutral day look or a more vibrant effect for night. These creams are also easier to apply than normal shadows because there’s no need for a brush—just squeeze and apply with fingers. Plus, the shadows dry weightless and creaseless, leaving a heavenly shimmer on the eyes that lasts all day.
—By Maite Gonzalez, beauty intern