Written on February 7, 2012 at 1:58 pm , by Fitness Magazine
You can sport rose gold on your wrists, neck, and fingers— and now on your face. Rose gold makeup, usually a warm pink base hue mixed with a dose of gilded shimmer, is the perfect way to impart a stunning Valentine’s Day glow or to keep your skin looking bright and polished every day. A few ways we love to wear it:
- NARS Orgasm Illuminator This peachy shade of pink with subtle gold flecks is simply magic. It gives you a refreshed look— just what you need to wake up your skin during the drab winter months. It’s stunning on the cheekbones and lids as a highlighter for a bathed-in-candlelight radiance.
- Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmer Brick Compact This multi-tonal blush lends a beautiful, subtle sheen. It contains shimmer, though, so no additional highlighter is needed: Pair it with black or brown eyeliner and a neutral lip so your flush stands out.
- Tarte Lock & Roll Eyeshadow Duo in Rose Gold This eye-brightening shadow duo contains both a cream and loose powder version of the same hue: The loose powder (with a mess-proof rollerball applicator) keeps the cream in place and prevents creasing. Run it just along the lashline for a pop of light, or from lashline to crease to offset your eye color.
Tell us: Have you tried rose gold makeup?
—By Wanda Rosa, beauty intern
Categories: Beauty On the Go, Makeup Musts | Tags: Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmer Brick Compact, cheekbones, feminine, fresh, highlight, illuminator, lids, luminous, NARS orgasm, polished, radiant, refresh, rose gold, sheen, Tarte Lock & Roll Eyeshadow Duo, trend, Valentine's day
Written on February 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm , by April Franzino
Cozy up to one of these self-warming beauty products on a chilly winter’s night— they contain ingredients like zeolite and magnesium sulfate, which release heat upon contact with water. The warmth not only soothes sore muscles and elements-exposed skin, but also enhances the penetration of active ingredients. Hot stuff to try:
- HAIR TREATMENT: Wella Enrich Self-Warming Mask
- FACE CLEANSER: Bioré Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser
- FACE SCRUB: Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermafoliant
- FACE MASK: Somme Institute Boost Gentle Warming Mask
- BODY SCRUB: Bliss Hot Salt Scrub
- FOOT SLOUGHER: All About Feet Warming Foot Scrub
Written on February 3, 2012 at 11:15 am , by April Franzino
Portable roll-on perfumes are the ultimate gym bag and purse must-have for us. Our latest love: Diptyque Eau Rose Eau de Toilette Roll-On. The chic, iconic French fragrance house has tinged the classic rose with a dash of tart blackcurrant and warm honey and cedar base notes. Just a dab goes a long way and really lasts— as does the generously-sized (gorgeously-adorned!) rollerball itself.
Tell us: What’s your favorite on-the-go fragrance?
Written on February 1, 2012 at 12:14 pm , by April Franzino
We were lucky enough to spend the past weekend in Aspen (pinch us!) with Clearasil watching their ambassador, Olympic gold medal-winning snowboarder Hannah Teter, win the women’s superpipe bronze medal at the Winter X Games— while celebrating the launch of PerfectaWash, a high-tech, hands-free system that dispenses the just-right amount of acne-fighting salicylic acid cleanser. Here, our conversation with the inspiring pro snowboarder, who’s as down-to-earth, adorable and kind as she is talented:
A snap of Hannah at the birthday party Clearasil threw for her Friday night, which raised over $1,000 for the charity Children International.
Photo credit: Nick Tininenko