Pony Up: Gym-Friendly Ponytails
Make your cheekbones pop and show off your sculpted shoulders with this soft pony.
Get the Look
1. This tousled style works best on second-day hair. But if you just washed yours, add grip with a few spritzes of dry shampoo. Try Pantene Pro-V Root Reboot Dry Shampoo ($5, drugstores).
2. Tease your crown. A good tool to use: the Conair Styling Essentials Teasing Hair Brush ($6, drugstore.com). The height gives a dressier feel.
3. Gather your hair -- smoothing out any bumps with a fine-tooth comb -- and secure it with a clear elastic, lining up the base of your ponytail with the tops of your ears. Try Scunci No-Slip Grip Evolution Jelly Ponytailers ($3 for 14, Walmart stores).
4. Take two small sections of hair from underneath the base of your pony and twist them around each other. Secure with a clear elastic, then wrap the twisted hair around the base of the ponytail and fasten with a pin.
5. Mist a shine spray onto your hands and run them over your hair to tame flyaways. We like John Frieda Frizz Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist ($6, drugstores).
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.