Sometimes you want to get all the mental and physical health benefits of exercise without leaving the house. Who can blame you? If it requires putting on shoes and venturing into the world (especially when it's freezing out there), you can count us out. That's why at-home workouts are a ~magical~ thing. With everything from at-home Vinyasa flows to DIY workouts with random everyday items to choose from, there's no reason you can't crush a killer workout right in the comfort of your own home. Here, all the reasons sweating inside your house—not a gym—is basically the best thing ever.
1. You can wear (or not wear) whatever you want.
That means you don't have to worry about clashing patterns or mismatched socks. You can workout sans shirt and not blink an eye about it, or go totally nude (if that's what floats your boat). (P.S. These co-ords already match, so you don't even have to think about your outfit.)
2. Your hair and/or makeup can be a hot. freaking. mess.
We all go to the gym to get sweaty—but you're still in public, so it's natural to want to look presentable. At home, you couldn't care less about that giant pimple or the nest-like bun on your head. (And, BTW, you really shouldn't wear makeup to the gym.)
3. No one is judging your form (or, more importantly, your "ouch this hurts" face).
This one goes both ways: You have no trainer to correct your mistakes, but you also don't have anybody adding in their unwanted 2 cents.
4. You can do totally weird moves that you'd never feel comfortable doing in front of other humans.
Sometimes you just gotta experiment a little—with no one watching.
5. You can epically fail at things and not feel embarrassed about it.
Is tree pose supposed to end with you horizontal?
6. You can stop for a bathroom break, water, or a snack whenever you feel like it.
The same thing can NOT be said for spin class. (P.S. You can even replicate spin class at home.)
7. And you can take 1,000 selfies (to get the perfect one) and no one will judge you for it.
The lighting is just better in the bathroom, okay?!
8. There are no dudes creepin' on you.
Just let me do my glute bridges in peace, weirdo.
9. You don't have to wear annoying headphones.
Speakers on, music blaring. You can do burpees to the music of your choice without headphones flying every which way. This must be what freedom really feels like. (These Bluetooth headphones are pretty awesome, but zero headphones is best.)
10. You know the floor and equipment aren't crawling with germs, cause it's all yours.
Really though—you don't even want to know how many germs are on everything at the gym.
11. Plus, your own personal shower is ready and waiting—with no line.
Including your own favorite bath products, zero shower flip-flops required, and towels that are actually big enough for grown humans. (Really though, why do they make gym towels so damn small?)
12. You cut out wasted time commuting back and forth.
Less time in the car or on the subway means more time working out—or, let's be honest, sleeping.
13. You don't have to smell anyone else's B.O. (except your own).
Which also means you don't ever have to worry about forgetting to put on deodorant.
14. Your pets can join in.
Does Scooter need some inspo? These pets are so on the fitness bandwagon.
15. You can let your freak flag fly.
Want to bust out in a little "Single Ladies" dance between squat sets? Go right ahead, girl. You do you.