You are here
Lindsay Price's All-Over Sculpting Routine
Targets: Shoulders, upper back, biceps, abs, butt, and legs
- Holding an 8- to 10-pound dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, stand to left of a step and place right foot atop center of step, knee bent 90 degrees.
- Bend elbows 90 degrees and bring them directly out to sides at shoulder height like goalposts so that dumbbells are near ears and palms face forward.
- Keeping right foot planted throughout, bend knees to lower into a squat. Then press through right heel to stand upright on right leg as you bring bent left knee up to hip height and press dumbbells overhead.
- Lower left foot to ground as you lower dumbbells to return to goalpost position.
- Do 15 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
Targets: Abs, butt, and hamstrings
- Start on ground on all fours, holding one end of a resistance tube in left hand.
- Loop handle at other end of tube around right foot (as if handle were a stirrup) so that tube runs between knees from right foot to left hand.
- Keeping abs tight and upper body still, lift right knee off ground and extend right leg directly behind you so that it's parallel to ground. (If there's not enough resistance as you press, take in some slack of tube with left hand.) Return to start.
- Do 25 reps. Switch sides and repeat.
Core Hold Chest Press
Targets: Chest, triceps, abs, butt, and hamstrings
- Holding an 8- to 10-pound dumbbell in each hand, lie faceup with upper back on a bench, knees bent 90 degrees and feet flat on ground. (Squeeze abs, glutes, and hamstrings to form a straight line from shoulders to knees.)
- Start with elbows bent 90 degrees and out to sides at chest level so that dumbbells are near rib cage, palms facing forward.
- Press dumbbells directly up so that arms are fully extended above chest (not shoulders).
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
Targets: Abs, lower back, and butt
- Start in plank position, balancing on ground on forearms and toes so that body forms a straight line from head to heels.
- Keeping forearms and toes planted, press hips upward as high as you can to form an inverted V. (Focus on squeezing glutes and abs throughout.)
- Return to plank position.
- Do 2 sets of 20 reps.
Targets: Abs and obliques
- Sit on center of a step or bench with knees bent and feet flat on ground.
- Lean torso back, reaching toward ground behind you with right arm extended as you bring left arm overhead. (Reach right fingertips as close to ground as you can without brushing it; beginners can touch ground lightly for balance if necessary.)
- Maintaining reclined torso, switch hands so that left hand reaches behind you toward ground and right arm is overhead; that's 1 rep.
- Do 20 reps.
Cardio: Treadmill Intervals
Minutes Speed Incline Warm-up 2 4.0 mph 0 Speed-up 5 4.5-6.0 0 Increase speed by 0.5 each mph minute until you reach 6.0 mph; maintain for 2 minutes. Climb 7 4.0-4.5 2.0 Increase incline by 2.0 each mph 10.0 minute until you reach 10.0; stay there for 3 minutes. Descend 1 6.0 2.0 Sprint 4 Varied 2.0 Sprint (your best effort) for 1 minute, then jog (4.5 mph); repeat combo, trying to sprint faster the second time. Climb 1 5.0-6.0 4.0 Climb 4 6.0-7.0 4.0 Recover 1 4.0-4.5 0 Jog 1 5.0-6.0 0 Sprint 2 Best effort 0 Cooldown 2 2.0-3.0 0