How it works: You'll begin with an active warm-up and quick stretch to get your body ready to work before moving right into core exercises. This is followed by a strength and stability sequence called the Kore 4. From there, you'll move into the fast-paced HIIT section of the workout until you lower your heart rate for a quick cool-down and much-deserved stretch to finish things off. (Want more HIIT? Then you'll love these 8 No-Equipment HIIT Moves You Can Do in 30 Seconds.)
Total time: 15 minutes
What you'll need: Kettlebell & positive energy
Warm-Up: Perform each of the following moves for 30 seconds each.
- Jumping jacks
- Inch-worm walk-out + cobra pose. From standing, roll down and walk hands out in front of you to palm plank position; transition into cobra pose.
- Forward lunge with right leg + triangle stretch; switch legs. Perform a forward lunge with right leg then twist torso to the left, bring left hand inside right foot, right hand pointing toward the sky.
- High knees
- Deep squat hip-opener
Core Activation: Perform each of the following moves for 30 seconds each.
- Static forearm plank
- Elevator plank walk-up. From forearm plank, lift up, pressing your right palm into the floor followed by your left to come into a high plank. Reverse the move and repeat.
- Cross-body kick. From high plank, cross right leg under your body out at a diagonal, making sure not to let foot hit the ground.
- Mountain climbers
- One-sided clam shell: From a supine position, arms overhead, and legs long, bring your right arm up to meet your left leg as you curl up with your core.
- Full clam shell: From a supine position, arms overhead, and legs long, bring both arms up and overhead as you curl forward to tap your legs or feet.
Repeat each move, switching to left side as needed.
Kore 4: Each move should be a total of 2 minutes, broken down into four 30-second progressions.
0:00–0:30: Hold static squat.
0:30–1:00: Move through full range of motion for the squat, using two counts to come up and two counts to lower back down.
1:00–1:30: Move through full range of motion for the squat at single count.
1:30–2:00: Perform full squat with a hop at the top.
Side Plank to Triceps Push-Up
0:00–0:30: Hold side forearm plank on the right.
0:30–1:00: Return to center and perform triceps push-up. Come down to knees if you need to modify..
1:00–1:30: Hold side forearm plank on the left.
1:30–2:00: Return to center to perform triceps push-up.
0:00–0:30: Stand with feet wide to perform a football high-speed run in place.
0:30–1:00: In 6-second intervals, drop down to perform a burpee. Repeat run-burpee sequence.
1:00–1:30: Repeat football run.
1:30–2:00: Repeat 6-second run-burpee intervals.
0:00–0:30: Alternate right and left jabs to the front.
0:30–1:00: Alternate right and left cross-body punches.
1:00–1:30: Perform 2 jabs, 2 cross-body punches, followed by 2 jumping jacks.
1:30–2:00: Perform 2 jabs, 2 cross-body punches, 2 jumping jacks, followed by 2 squats.
Tabata: Perform 6 rounds of each Tabata for a total of 12 cycles.
- Cycle 1: 20 seconds of burpees followed by 10 seconds of rest
- Cycle 2: 20 seconds of triceps presses followed by 10 seconds of rest
EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute): Perform as many of the following exercises and their associated reps as you can in a minute's time, aiming to complete all 40 reps within or before the 1-minute mark. Then jump right into the next minute-long round for a total of 4 minutes of work.
- Kettlebell goblet squat x10 reps
- Kettlebell shoulder press x10 reps
- Kettlebell goblet squat into shoulder press x10 reps
- Tuck jump x10 reps
Cool-Down: Perform as many reps of each of the following moves as feels comfortable or hold stretches for 30 seconds each.
- Child's pose to cobra pose
- Downward-facing dog
- Pigeon pose on right
- Pigeon pose on left
- Right arm shoulder stretch
- Left shoulder stretch