1. Carrying all your groceries in one trip.
Even if that means 10 bags to an arm, and crashing into every doorway. If you can do it, why make two trips?
2. Twisting open that jar of peanut butter or pasta sauce that's stuck (and no one else can seem to get).
There's is nothing more satisfying than that quiet "pop" of air when you get an impossibly stuck jar open. Thanks, grip strength. You're pretty damn handy.
3. Rearranging your furniture all by yourself.
I'm a strong independent woman and I don't need anyone to help me move my mattress, my couch, or that giant dresser with all my clothes in it.
4. Breezing past that door that used to feel like it was made of stone.
You know that heavy one that would smack you in the face and felt like the entranceway to an ancient tomb? Now it feels like a feather.
5. Making it up the 200 flights of stairs to your office/apartment/etc. without getting winded.
Thanks, leg gains, for getting me up these stairs and not making me feel like I'm going to die.
6. Being able to put your own carry-on suitcase in the airplane's overhead compartments.
Thank you, kind sir, for offering, but please step back and watch how easily I can get this giant suitcase up there. (And I won't even hit anyone in the head while doing it.)
7. Being able to physically carry your BFF or SO.
You never know when you might have to save them from a burning building or conquer some other heroic feat (like carrying them out the the club when they're had a little too much to drink).
8. Winning an arm wrestling match.
At some point, someone will see your guns and challenge you. Beating them will feel like the sweetest victory ever.
9. Being able to open/close a door with your foot because your hands are full.
Strength? Check. Coordination? Check. Balance? Check. Someone video this for your trainer—they should be proud AF.
10. Installing some bulky appliance without a pro's help.
Looking at you, window AC unit. And microwave. And, if we're going there, shower rod.
11. Jumping over huge puddles when it's raining, and safely landing on the other side.
(Who knew #fitness would help you protect your super-cute shoes? Win/win.)
12. Being able to push (and actually move) a car that's stuck in the mud or snow.
Who needs a jack when you're JACKED?
13. Speaking of snow, you can shovel like a MOFO.
(Bye, snow bank. Just a few digs and I'll have you out of here in no time.)
14. Carrying a ridiculous amount of clothing into a store dressing room.
You no longer have to stop shopping to try things on just because your arm is tired of holding everything.
15. But the biggest victory of all? Feeling strong and beautiful in your skin.