You are here
Get Slim Without the Gym: Butt and Leg Sculpters
Targets: Abs, butt, and outer thighs
- Stand in middle of band with feet shoulder-width apart, holding one end of band in each hand.
- Cross band in front of body (making an X) with right hand by right hip, left hand by left hip.
- Keeping back tall, feet parallel, and knees straight, take a small step to the right with right foot. Step left foot to right, bringing feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take 10 steps to right. Switch directions; repeat.
Slide Lunge Press
Targets: Shoulders, arms, butt, inner thighs, and quads
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, right foot on a disc, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides.
- Bend left knee, pushing butt back, as you slide right foot out to side to sink into a side lunge, and lower dumbbells toward floor, keeping left knee behind toes.
- Press into disc and slide right foot back in as you stand up. Immediately curl dumbbells up to shoulders, palms in, then press them straight overhead, turning palms forward.
- Do 15 reps. Switch legs; repeat.
Targets: Abs, butt, and quads
- Stand in middle of band with feet hip-width apart, holding one end of band and a dumbbell in each hand (wrap ends of band around dumbbells and place palms over), arms by sides.
- Squat, keeping knees behind toes, and hinge forward slightly from hips.
- Stand up, pulling band with you. Do 15 reps.
Targets: Abs, butt, outer thighs, hamstrings, and quads
- Tie ends of band together to form a loop and place it around ankles with feet shoulder-width apart (it should be snug, not loose).
- Lie facedown on ball with your hips on its center, back flat, legs
extended and hands on floor, directly under shoulders.
- Keeping upper body still, press legs out to sides. Then bend knees, bringing feet in toward butt; push back out. Return to start. Do 15 reps.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July/August 2009.