You are here
10 Easy Exercises You Can Do Lying Down (Seriously)
Targets abs and obliques
By moving a stability ball between opposite arms and legs, you're hitting your abs from every angle, not just focusing on the middle muscles.
- Lie faceup on floor with arms and legs extended up, palms and shins pressed into a stability ball.
- Lower left arm and right leg toward floor, getting as close as you can without touching down. Return to start, then lower right arm and left leg.
- Do 25 to 30 reps, alternating sides.
Targets back and butt
Make sure to squeeze your glutes to help lift your legs for this double-duty back and booty burner.
- Lie facedown on ground with arms extended in front of you.
- Simultaneously lift arms and legs a few inches off ground and hold for 5 seconds. Lower slowly to start and repeat.
- Note: The closer to the ground your legs come with each rep, the more difficult the move.
Oblique-Twist Triceps Push-Up
Targets triceps, obliques, and outer thighs
Banish bra bulge with this Pilates-inspired move. By using your body weight as built-in resistance, you can strengthen your arms.
- Lie on mat on your right side, hug rib cage with right arm, and place left hand on floor in front of right shoulder. Bend right leg behind you and lift leg a few inches to hip level, toes pointed.
- Press through left palm to lift torso off floor until left arm is nearly fully extended. Simultaneously raise left leg as high as you can.
- Lower to start.
- Do 20 reps, switch sides and repeat. Do 2 sets.