Charlotte Heffelmire was home for Thanksgiving break when she heard an explosion coming from her garage. Her father, Eric Heffelmire, had been working on his GMC truck when it fell on his shoulder, spilling gasoline and immediately starting a fire.
"I was on my back, face up, and I was trying to get some corroded brakes lines when apparently the jack slipped and fell down on me." Eric Heffelmire told USA TODAY. "Pinned me across right here on my shoulder...thought they'd be pulling out a dead body later in the evening."
Luckily for him, Charlotte came to the rescue. "I lifted it [the truck] the first time, he said 'OK, you almost got it,'" she said. "Finally managed to get it out, it was some crazy strength, pulled him out."
Once she was sure her dad was safe, Charlotte got into the truck while it was still ablaze and drove it out of the garage on three wheels. "I didn't want the entire house to explode with the truck, so I started the truck, put it four wheel drive and just mashed on it with three wheels and just drove out. It left a nice groove on the asphalt," she said.
But her work wasn't done yet. After the truck was far enough from the house, the teen shut the garage, walked into her home, and got everyone outside to safety, starting with her baby sister. "I just did what I had to do, so I don't feel like a big hero or anything," she said.
Her incredible bravery was recognized by local fire and rescue crews, who gave her a Citizen Lifesaving Award.
Watch her recount the crazy incident in the video below.