In the mood for a light summer salad? Well, lighter than pasta, courgette (zucchini) noodles check that box. Seasoned with a gorgeous, not your run-of-the-mill pesto and topped with grapefruit, this salad is more than likely going to make your coworkers extremely jealous.
Zucchini is a high-water-content vegetable, so it'll keep you full, prevent bloat, and cut your carb consumption in a major way. If you're unsure where to start with a squash recipe, check out these tips for cooking all types of squash. Happy spiralizing!
Makes two servings
- 40 grams(1/3 cup) brazil nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- handful of basil
- handful of coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchini), spiralized
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- Place the brazil nuts, salt, basil, coriander, olive oil and garlic in a food processor or blenderwith the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons water. Blend to make your pesto.
- In a bowl, coat the courgette spaghetti with the pesto, then divide between bowls and top with the lovely grapefruit pieces!
Looking to try more with your spiralizer? Transform your favorite vegetables using these 12 Spiralizer Recipes That Will Change the Way You Think About Dinner. If zucchini is your focus, there are plenty of Low-Carb Zucchini Noodle Recipes That Also Happen to Be Gluten-Free.