Ready for something delicious and warm in time for the holiday season? There are plenty of great hot drink recipes, but his white hot chocolate recipe with matcha takes the cake under all circumstances. Use it to get through the morning commute, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or as a special dessert treat. (See also: 6 Warm Winter Smoothies you're going to L-O-V-E.) Make it with almond milk for a non-lactose version, or incorporate whatever milk you please. We recommend pairing this luscious drink with some healthy vegan cookies—because why not.
Matcha White Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 30g (1/4 cup) white chocolate wafers
- 2 scoops (2g) of Panatea matcha or 1 packet of Panatea's new instant matcha
- 8 to 10 oz almond milk or milk of your choice
- whipped cream and/or shredded coconut (for toppings)
- Melt white chocolate wafers in double boiler over the stove and pour almond milk on top.
- Whisk mixture together until chocolate melts completely in almond milk.
- Add matcha and continue gently heating mixture in double boiler. (Be sure to add matcha after you melt white chocolate and milk mixture so you don't overheat and burn matcha.)
- Pour into your favorite mug.
- Top with whipped cream and shredded coconut flakes. Enjoy!