You are here
The Beach Body Boot Camp Diet: Dinner Choices
Blue Burger with Zucchini Parmesan Wedges
- Mix together 4 ounces lean ground beef and 2 tablespoons blue cheese; form into a patty.
- Cook on a grill or grill pan 4 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve on a toasted whole-grain sandwich thin with 2 romaine lettuce leaves.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut 1 zucchini in half widthwise and cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons Parmesan and broil on a baking sheet 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender-crisp.
Peanut Noodle Bowl with Edamame
- Cook 1 1/2 ounces whole-grain angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, to a medium skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter, 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and a pinch salt; heat 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups packaged shredded rainbow slaw and 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed and shelled; cook, stirring, 4 minutes.
- Mix in pasta and cook 4 minutes more.
Pork Chop with Cheddar Potatoes and Broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut 1 small potato into 1-inch cubes and coat with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Mist a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and top with 3-ounce boneless pork chop, 2 cups broccoli florets, and potato cubes.
- Add a dash each salt and black pepper and bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature of pork chop reaches 160 degrees F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce on cooked pork chop, and top potatoes and broccoli with 3 tablespoons grated low-fat cheddar.
- Return to oven and heat 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Caribbean Steak and Vegetables with Coconut Rice
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons pineapple juice; 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice; 1 garlic clove, minced; 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger; 2 teaspoons honey; 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes; and a pinch of salt.
- Pour mixture into a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 3 1/2 ounces sirloin steak, cut in strips, and saute 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups sliced bell peppers (any color) and saute 8 minutes or until internal temperature of steak reaches 145 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, bring 1/2 cup light coconut milk to a boil, add 1/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice, cover and turn heat to low; simmer 8 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and serve topped with steak and vegetables.
Salmon Cakes with Spicy Dressing
- Mix together 3 ounces water-packed salmon, drained; 1/4 cup whole-grain bread crumbs; 1 egg, beaten; 2 green onions, finely chopped; and a pinch each of salt and black pepper. Form into 3 patties.
- In a medium skillet coated with 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat, brown patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, and a pinch of cayenne.
- Place 3 cups mixed salad greens on a plate and top with salmon cakes; drizzle with dressing.
Double Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Cut 3 ounces skinless chicken breast into thin strips.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce; 2 teaspoons honey; 1 garlic clove, minced; and 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger; saute 6 minutes.
- Add 2 cups fresh vegetable stir-fry mix and 1/2 cup cooked brown rice; saute 10 minutes.
- Top with 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil.
Snapper with Black Bean and Mango Couscous
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat; coat with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Saute one 4-ounce snapper fillet 8 minutes.
- Steam 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas 5 minutes.
- Season fish and snap peas with salt and black pepper.
- In a pot, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil and add 1/4 cup whole wheat couscous. Turn off heat and cover, let sit 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained; 1/4 mango, cubed; and 2 tablespoons minced cilantro.
- Serve with snapper and snap peas.
Healthy Takeout Options
Buffalo Wild Wings: 4 Naked Chicken Tenders with Sweet BBQ and a side salad with honey mustard dressing (502 calories)
P.F. Chang's: Lemon Pepper Shrimp (470 calories) or Cantonese Scallops (490 calories)
On the Border: 2 Guacamole Tostadas with a side of black beans and pico de gallo (skip the Mexican Rice) (475 calories)
Outback Steakhouse: 6-Ounce Sirloin Outback Special (no butter), house salad, and fresh seasonal vegetables (no butter) (491 calories)
Uno Chicago Grill: 1/2 Roasted Eggplant, Spinach & Feta Five Grain Thin Crust Pizza and a side of steamed broccoli (505 calories)
Get More Slimming Meals