Yes, you can make this perfect pasta sauce in just under 20 minutes and, yes, it’s filled with delicious foods that are really good for your health. So rather than grabbing that jar of sauce that’s most likely filled with a lot of sugar and salt, take 20 minutes to fill up your body with a meal that's pretty much perfect. You can even make extra so you have some for lunch tomorrow.
Perfect Pasta Primavera
- 9 ounces of your preferred dried pasta (I like quinoa and corn pastas, which are both gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 courgette (zucchini), roughly chopped
- 1 small aubergine (eggplant), roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 cups pitted black and kalamata olives
- 1 1/3 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée (paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful of basil, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the courgette, aubergine and olives and cook for another minute.
- Mix in the tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, red pepper flakes and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook for an additional 10–12 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and mix the sauce into the drained cooked pasta. Garnish with the chopped basil.