Competing for gold takes hard work, a lot of sweat, and of course a lot of food. Our Team USA stars want the best they can get in terms of fueling themselves in a healthy way for competition. And now that we've got our hands on Olympic champion Allyson Felix's chicken taco recipe, thanks to Chobani, we can too. Grab the ingredients at the grocery store tonight and get going on this winning dish. And in the morning, go for her mixed berry acai smoothie to recover from what you know will be a hardcore workout.
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Makes 4 servings (8 tacos)
- 1 1/2 cups Chobani Greek Yogurt, Whole Milk Plain
- 4 teaspoons chipotle sauce in adobo, canned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 chicken breasts, 8 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa:
- 2 cups pineapple, small dice
- 1 tablespoons jalapeño, small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, washed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- Combine Chobani Greek Yogurt, the juice from the chipotle peppers, lime, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk together. Cover chicken on all sides with half of marinade and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. Reserve the remaining marinade to use as a sauce.
- Turn grill heat up to high. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and cook to an internal temperature of 165°. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and slice.
Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and toss well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Warm tortillas quickly on the grill for 30 seconds.
- Spread the chipotle marinade over each taco.
- Add the shredded romaine, grilled chicken, pineapple jalapeño salsa, and an additional dollop of chipotle marinade. Serve immediately.