There's nothing like spending a warm, sunny Saturday relaxing outside with the most quintessential summer food there is: a popsicle. Skip the sugar-laden store-bought ones and make the healthy treat at home using a few natural ingredients that are likely already in your fridge. The recipe was created by Jessica Rosen, certified holistic health coach and president of Raw Generation, a pre-made juice and smoothie company. All you have to do is prep these strawberry, coconut milk, and lemon-infused popsicles in the AM and pop 'em in the freezer; by lunch you'll have a healthy, sweet snack that's totally worth a 'gram. (Craving popsicles for breakfast? With these smoothie popsicle recipes, you can have them first thing.)
Healthy, Strawberry-Cream Popsicles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Makes: about 6 popsicles
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon natural sweetener (such as pure maple syrup, raw honey, or stevia)
- Puree strawberries in a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and sweetener.
- Alternate between pouring a layer of strawberry puree, then a thinner layer of coconut mix into popsicle molds. Continue doing this until both are used up.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!