Turmeric has been touted for its magical anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, but this spice isn't golden just because of its health benefits. It also adds a super satisfying flavor to a wide variety of meals, whether they're sweet or savory, or you're making breakfast or dinner. (You can even make it boozy with a mezcal turmeric margarita.) Another great use for the superspice? A smoothie bowl.
This recipe from Numi Tea uses their turmeric chai golden latte mix, so it's easy to stir it into a golden milk latte or breakfast bowl. If you opt for the latter, you can also slice and freeze several bananas at once, and prep your toppings ahead of time to make breakfast that much easier to put together in the a.m. (You can also try these freezer smoothie hacks and recipes.) Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and you've got yourself the ideal post-workout recovery meal. Sweet!
Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- 1 sliced banana, frozen (slice before freezing for best results)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Numi Turmeric Chai Golden Latte mix
- Splash of almond milk
- Unsalted slivered almonds, to taste
- 1 ripe persimmon, cut into bite size pieces (should be solid orange and slightly crisp)
- Add bananas, vanilla, turmeric, and a splash of almond milk to blender.
- Blend until smooth throughout. Add more almond milk if needed.
- Carefully pour mixture into bowl.
- Add almonds and diced persimmon. Enjoy!