We know everyone has tried their fair share of quinoa recipes, but this one takes the cake. Or pancake, that is.
These sweet quinoa pancakes are gluten-free and packed with protein—perfect for fueling up in the a.m. Quinoa is one of just a few complete plant-based proteins, which makes it ideal for lunch and dinner. And in this case, it makes a super-easy and healthy breakfast option.
Remember to soak your quinoa overnight so you can whip up these delicious breakfast pancakes in less than 10 minutes before work. Stay healthy with Talya Lutzker, chef and Ayurvedic practitioner, in this Grokker Premium video.
Grab a blender, some quinoa, water, coconut oil, salt to taste, and whichever topping you favor (hint: blueberries, dark chocolate, or maple syrup) and get griddling.
Cook Time:15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
1/2 cup water
1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon salt
maple syrup for serving
1. Place the quinoa in a large bowl and cover with 4 cups of water. Let the quinoa soak overnight or all day, for at least 8 hours.
2. Drain and rinse the quinoa. Stir in the salt and place 1 cup of the soaked quinoa into a blender or Vitamix.
3. Add 1/2 cup fresh water and 1 teaspoon salt, then grind. The consistency should look and feel just like pancake batter, not too thick and not too thin.
4. If the quinoa is too runny, add an additional 2 tablespoons of quinoa and grind again until the consistency is right. If the quinoa is too dry, add 2 tablespoons of water at a time until the consistency is like a smooth pancake batter.
5. Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large, wide skillet.
6. When the oil is hot, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the batter bubbles a little in the center and the edges turn a golden brown. Turn the pancake over and cook for another minute, or until the color is golden brown on the second side.
7. Serve with maple syrup or a fruit topping!
Interested in more recipes and at-home workout video classes? There are thousands waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Check 'em out today!