Tomato Basil Tofu Soup
- cal. (kcal) 277
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 36
chopped basil leaves
package firm tofu (16 ounces), cubed into 1/4-inch cubes
- In a large pot, combine water, tomatoes, basil, and garlic powder.
- Over high heat, bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover.
- Allow soup to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, submerge blades and blend on high until all ingredients are broken down and thoroughly blended.
- Add tofu, stirring to blend well.
- Consume immediately or transfer soup to a large glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Excerpted from The Healthy Soup Cleanse Recipe Book: 200+ Easy Souping Recipes from Bone Broth to Vegetable Soup by Britt Brandon. Copyright © 2016 F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 277 cal., 10 g total fat 948 mg sodium, 36 g carb. (5 g fiber, 23 g sugars), 15 g pro.