Split Pea, Sweet Potato, and Spinach Soup
- cal. (kcal) 233
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 45
large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed into 1/4-inch chunks
- In a large pot, combine water and split peas.
- Over high heat, bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover.
- Allow soup to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and simmer for 20 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Add spinach and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Consume immediately or transfer soup to a large glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Excerpted from The Healthy Soup Cleanse Recipe Book: 200+ Easy Souping Recipes from Bone Broth to Vegetable Soup by Britt Brandon. Copyright © 2016 F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 233 cal., 1 g total fat 206 mg sodium, 45 g carb. (15 g fiber, 7 g sugars), 15 g pro.