Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- cal. (kcal) 450
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 31
large onion, finely chopped
chicken stock or water plus 1 bouillon cube
grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
steamed broccoli florets, finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the cheese and stock, and simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook until heated through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, if desired.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 450 cal., 27 g total fat (16 g sat. fat), 31 g carb. (4 g fiber), 28 g pro.