Shrimp with Mango & Basil
- cal. (kcal) 183
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 16
raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
extra-virgin olive oil
large ripe, firm mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (see Tip)
scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Toss shrimp with salt, cayenne to taste and turmeric in a medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; place the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the undersides turn salmon-pink, about 1 minute. Flip them over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add mango, scallion greens and basil and cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just cooked and starts to barely curl, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Tip: How to cut a mango:
- Tip: 1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- Tip: 2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
- Tip: 3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
- Tip: 4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 183 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 168 mg chol., 352 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (3 g fiber), 20 g pro.