Seared Pork Chops With Shiitake Mushrooms
- cal. (kcal) 264
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins includes cooking
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 9
shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch sliced
garlic cloves, minced
chopped thyme, plus additional for garnish (optional)
boneless, pork chops, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
dry white wine
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat; add mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, thyme and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and transfer mushrooms to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and coat with mustard.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel; add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet and sear 2 to 3 minutes a side or until just cooked through and no longer pink inside. Divide pork among four plates and top with mushrooms.
- Add wine to pan and cook, scraping up any brown bits, 1 minute; pour over mushroom-topped pork. Garnish with thyme if desired.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 264 cal., 13 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 403 mg sodium, 9 g carb. (3 g fiber), 22 g pro.