Mesclun Strawberry Salad
- cal. (kcal) 115
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 6
mesclun or spring salad mix
large strawberries, hulled and halved
extra-virgin olive oil
thinly sliced fresh basil (if desired)
crumbled goat cheese (about 2 ounces)
chopped walnuts, toasted in a dry skillet until golden brown
- Place greens in a large bowl.
- In a blender, puree 1/2 of the strawberries with the vinegar, oils and shallot on low speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle salad with half of the vinaigrette; toss well to coat. Arrange on a large platter.
- Slice remaining strawberries; sprinkle over salad with basil (if using), crumbled goat cheese and toasted chopped walnuts. If desired, serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- Vinegar options: *Can't find raspberry vinegar? Use apple-cider vinegar instead.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 115 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 6 g carb. (2 g fiber), 4 g pro.