Rustic Pesto Tart
- cal. (kcal) 190
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 45 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 29
prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Tip)
shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
- Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
- Tips: Tip: Look for whole-wheat pizza-dough balls at your supermarket. Check the ingredient list to make sure the dough doesn't contain any hydrogenated oils.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare up to 2 hours ahead; serve at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 190 cal., 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 409 mg sodium, 29 g carb. (3 g fiber), 7 g pro.