Pasta with Smoked Salmon & Lemon Cream
- cal. (kcal) 420
- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 48
dried medium shell macaroni, cavatelli, or orecchiette
semisoft cheese with garlic and herbs
finely shredded lemon peel
medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (2 cups)
thinly sliced, smoked salmon (lox-style), cut into 1/2-inch strips
snipped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan heat the cheese and milk over low heat until cheese melts, whisking until smooth. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice. Stir in zucchini and salmon; heat through. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter. Sprinkle with chives.
- The Key to Lox Can you tell real lox from a fishy imposter? If its draped over a cream-cheese-slathered bagel, thats one clue. If you buy it at a Jewish deli, thats another. But most of all, to pass the lox test, those rosy, translucent, paper-thin salmon slices must be brine-cured, with a bold, salty flavor. Nova Scotia smoked salmon (or Nova) is more delicate in flavor (and more expensive).
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 420 cal., 15 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 44 mg chol., 347 mg sodium, 48 g carb. (1 g fiber), 19 g pro.