Lemon Beet with Ginger Soup
- cal. (kcal) 80
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 19
red beets, chopped
golden beets, chopped
4-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large pot, combine water, both kinds of beets, and ginger.
- Over high heat, bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cover.
- Allow soup to simmer for 45 minutes or until beets are fork-tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and allow to cool.
- Consume immediately or transfer soup to a large glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Excerpted from The Healthy Soup Cleanse Recipe Book: 200+ Easy Souping Recipes from Bone Broth to Vegetable Soup by Britt Brandon. Copyright © 2016 F+W Media, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 80 cal., 137 mg sodium, 19 g carb. (5 g fiber, 11 g sugars), 3 g pro.