Grilled Eggplant Panini
- cal. (kcal) 337
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 36
chopped fresh basil
extra-virgin olive oil, divided
eggplant, (about 1 small)
whole-grain country bread
fresh mozzarella cheese
sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mayonnaise and basil in a small bowl. Using 1 tablespoon oil, lightly brush both sides of eggplant and sprinkle each slice with garlic salt. With the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, brush one side of each slice of bread.
- Grill the eggplant for 6 minutes, turn with a spatula, top with cheese, and continue grilling until the cheese is melted and the eggplant is tender, about 4 minutes more. Toast the bread on the grill, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spread basil mayonnaise on four slices of bread. Top with the cheesy eggplant, red peppers, onion and the remaining slices of bread. Cut in half and serve warm.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 337 cal., 16 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 22 mg chol., 659 mg sodium, 36 g carb. (7 g fiber), 12 g pro.