Green & Yellow Beans with Wild Mushrooms
- cal. (kcal) 75
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 8
green beans, trimmed
yellow wax beans, trimmed
extra-virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
wild mushrooms, such as chanterelle, oyster or porcini, trimmed and sliced (see Substitution Note)
kosher salt, divided
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and wax beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. (Cook for another minute or two if you like your green beans more tender.) Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the mushrooms for garnish. Add the cooked beans to the mushrooms in the pan and cook, stirring to combine, until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Serve topped with the reserved mushrooms.
- Tips: Substitution Note: If you can't find wild mushrooms, use button or cremini mushrooms.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare through Step 1 and store in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 75 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 59 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (3 g fiber), 2 g pro.