Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- cal. (kcal) 312
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
extra virgin olive oil
small onions, finely chopped
medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
chopped rotisserie chicken pieces
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the potatoes and 1/3 cup water; reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the chicken, and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Cook, turning only occasionally to allow the hash to brown nicely, until very dark golden all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the butter in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to gently shape and lift the edges of the egg.
- Cook until the edges are brown and the egg centers softly set, about 5 minutes. Serve over the hash.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 312 cal., 18 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 20 g carb. (2 g fiber), 18 g pro.