Basil-and-Garlic-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- cal. (kcal) 273
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 25 mins to 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 1
grated Parmesan cheese
snipped fresh basil
cloves garlic, minced
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
finely shredded lemon peel
- In a small bowl combine Parmesan cheese, basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and garlic; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound lightly to about 1/8-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Spread cheese mixture on chicken. Fold in sides of each chicken breast; roll up, pressing edges to seal. Fasten with wooden toothpicks.
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chicken on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover with foil or lid and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), brushing occasionally with sauce the last 10 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust grill for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 273 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 103 mg chol., 188 mg sodium, 1 g carb. 41 g pro.