Avocado Sweet Potato Toast
Recipe developed by Maria Marlowe
- Serving Size: Serves about 20
sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
Salt and pepper to taste
red onion, minced
jalapeno or serrano chile, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices with olive oil, and sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper.
- Lay out flat on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. The thinner they are cut, the crisper they will be. Thicker slices will be softer, but equally delicious.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by putting avocado, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl. Use a fork to mash well. Season with salt to taste.
- When sweet potato rounds are done, plate them, then spoon a small dollop of avocado topping in the middle of each. Top with a few sprouts. (If sprouts are long, cut the bottom off so they fit on sweet potato rounds.)