Emily loves creating fast, healthy recipes—and we love her for that!
We're all busy. So when it's time to whip up a healthy dinner that won't have us slaving away for hours, where's a girl to turn? We love hopping over to Emily Bites for a dose of inspiration, where we're guaranteed a simple recipe that's going to tickle our taste buds. Heck, even Anderson Cooper loves her stuff! We chatted with the chef in the kitchen to find out more about how she keeps her fit life balanced and which snack she always loves to whip up. Oh, we managed to nab a yummy recipe from her too. You can thank us later.
My favorite way to work out: Definitely Zumba. I love to dance and Zumba is so much fun. If I wasn't sweating so hard, I'd almost forget I was working out! I always wear my heart rate monitor when I go and at the end of class I get a kick out of seeing how many calories I've burned doing an activity I love.
On my fit life list: To run a half-marathon someday, preferably the Disney Princess Half because it looks like a blast (and I really want a race bib that says "Princess Emily" on it). I used to run a few years back, but I got out of it. I'm currently walking and running in intervals, trying to work my way back up to straight running.
My fave fit snack: I love hummus with veggies, particularly the homemade Buffalo Wing Hummus I have on my blog. I almost never buy pre-made hummus now that I know how easy it is to make at home.
Most embarrassing song I'll admit I work out to: This is hard because I listen to a lot of embarrassing '90s music. Maybe "I Wanna Be Bad" by Willa Ford?
Olympic sport I'd love to try: I used to figure skate when I was growing up, so if it's the winter Olympics, I'd definitely go with skating. As for the summer Olympics, I've always wanted to play tennis. I have a racquet and I've fooled around with it a little bit, but I would love to be great at it. Keep reading for a delicious snack straight from Emily's kitchen!
Whip up these light bites for a healthy snack!
With summer in full swing, the last thing you want to do is slave away in the hot kitchen when you could be poolside with friends! For a healthy treat everyone will enjoy, whip these up and indulge all week long.
Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Singles Serves 18
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly mist 18 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, egg, mashed banana, milk and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until blended together. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or until oatmeal is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Do you have a favorite fit blogger you want us to highlight? Leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com