Would ice climbing be on your experiment list?
A new book by fitness blogger Charlotte Hilton Andersen, The Great Fitness Experiment, hit bookstores earlier this year and made our March "The Fit List" (see page 24)! The memoir details Hilton Anderson's year of trying new workout routines from the hardcore (CrossFit) to the trendy (Tracy Anderson Method). Her experiments got us thinking: What active adventures would we like to be guinea pigs for?
A few of our favorite ideas...
- Visit The Biggest Loser Resort to live life like those on the ranch
- Attend military basic training to see if we could tough it out
- Try out The 4-Hour Body to see if the plan lives up to its promises
- Zen out at a yoga retreat—perhaps one with surf lessons involved
- Exercise outdoors daily, even just for a few minutes, and examine the mood benefits
Learn more about Hilton Andersen and her continued research at her blog, The Great Fitness Experiment.
What would your active experiment entail? Tell us in the comments!