Start by gathering your supplies. You'll need a facial moisturizer with SPF, a pigmented liquid or cream concealer, and a liquid illuminator. You can mix the products on the back of your hand, on a small paper plate or on a plastic paint palette—whatever you have handy.
1. Squeeze out a nickel-size amount of SPF-rich moisturizer onto your mixing surface. An SPF-rich moisurizer will give you both hydration and sun protection throughout the day.
2. For a glowing radiance, add 1/2 teaspoon of a liquid illuminator to the moisturizer. I'm using the color Bare Lights in the Revlon Skinlights line, which is a true champagne color to match my skin tone. You may want to experiment with more peachy, pink or golden illuminators to find the one that works best with your skin tone.
3. Add roughly 1/4 teaspoon of cream concealer to your mixture. This will give you coverage, but since it's cut with moisturizer and illuminator, it will be just the right amount for a smooth, light finish.
4. Mix all three products together thoroughly and apply to your face with your fingers or a brush. Set with a translucent powder to look BB-fresh all day!
A couple of other things to keep in mind:
- If you have skin on the oily side, try subbing in a matte-fying moisturizer instead of an illuminator or using half moisturizer, half primer in step 2.
- For a bit more color, try a bronze liquid illuminator instead of one that perfectly matches your skin tone.
- You can mix your self-tanner right into your BB cream too!
For more makeup and skincare advice, visit Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup