Pump up the volume on your next updo with a textured ponytail. This look may be runway-inspired, but it's versatile enough to go anywhere you do. Plus, you'll be surprised by how easy it is to do. Just follow these simple directions.
1. To create an unkempt, textured look, spray a dry shampoo on random sections of your hair. Then part your hair down the center, stopping just before the crown.
2. Keeping your small part intact, pull your hair back behind your ears, and secure it in a ponytail just above the nape. Separate a half-inch piece of hair from the pony.
3. Wrap the separated section of hair around the elastic, and secure it with a bobby pin.
4. As shown, add an additional elastic a third of the way down the ponytail, keeping the pony loose. Finally, add a third elastic two-thirds down the ponytail.
5. To really achieve the "unkempt" look, loosely pull at the sides of the ponytail, starting at the top and working your way down. Finish with a medium-hold hair spray.
See? That was so easy. Now, get out there, and rock that updo!