What Makes a Winner
Our beauty editors narrowed down 1,273 nominated new beauty products to 518 semifinalists, which were evaluated by our experts. The pros' top selections were then sent to our reader testers, who scored each on such factors as effectiveness, texture, scent, and ease of use to determine our 70 winners.
Meet Our Beauty Experts
Dermatologists: Doris Day, MD, of Day Dermatology & Aesthetics in New York City; Jeannette Graf, MD, of Great Neck, New York; Meghan O'Brien, MD, of Tribeca Park Dermatology in New York City; and Neal Schultz, MD, of Park Avenue Skin Care in New York City. Hairstylists: Tommy Buckett of New York City, Matt Fugate of New York City, Nathaniel Hawkins of New York City and Rona O'Connor of Woodland Hills, California. Makeup artists: Gita Bass of New York City, Brian Duprey of New York City, Kindra Mann of Los Angeles and Kayleen McAdams of Los Angeles. Manicurist: Elle Gerstein of New York City.
Best Mascara: Maybelline New York Volum'Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara ($10, drugstores)
- "The large brush makes my top lashes look glam without clumping," one fan noted. "The tiny brush on the other end targets my bottom lashes without creating a mess."
Mascara Runner-Up: L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara ($10, drugstore.com)
Best Concealer: Revlon ColorStay Concealer ($10, drugstores)
- Consider this your new fix for tired eyes. The angled sponge-tip applicator lightly deposits the silky formula, which covers dark circles without caking. "It's genius at hiding zits, too," a user said.
Concealer Runner-Up: Boots Botanics Corrective Concealer Stick ($10, target.com)
Best Primer: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Protect ($32, lauramercier.com)
- This worth-the-extra-step makeup base packs SPF 30 plus a complex that keeps your foundation from doing a midday disappearing act.
Primer Runner-Up: By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer ($59, Barneys stores)
Best Foundation: Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiageing Foundation ($39, Sephora stores)
- You'll get blurred lines with this foundation, which conceals imperfections and contains antioxidants to soften creases over time. The stamp of approval: "It provides great coverage, yet I barely feel as if I'm wearing anything," one voter told us.
Foundation Runner-Up: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation ($46, bobbibrowncosmetics.com)
Best Brow Product: Mally Beauty Brow Beauty Ultimate Brow Kit ($30, mallybeauty.com)
- This contains everything you need to give yourself a pro brow makeover at home. "The pencil fills in sparse spots, the brush grooms unruly hairs, and the gel locks them in place," a tester reported.
Brow Product Runner-Up: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Genius ($24, anastasia.net)
Best Lipstick: MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick ($22, maccosmetics.com)
- Talk about the best of both worlds: "It's sheer enough so that you don't need a mirror to apply it, yet it provides rich color that's bolder than tinted balm," a reviewer commented.
Lipstick Runner-Up: Shiseido Perfect Rouge ($25, shiseido.com)
Best Eyeliner: Sonia Kashuk Twist Up Long Wear Eyeliner ($8, Target stores)
- Define your eyes with this gel liner that glides on easily, offers intense color, and doesn't require a sharpener. "It didn't smudge even after a long day at the computer," a reader told us.
Eyeliner Runner-Up: Laura Mercier Longwear Creme Eye Pencil ($24, lauramercier.com)
Best Tinted Moisturizer: Dior Nude BB Creme Skin Perfecting Beauty Balm ($44, dior.com)
- This luxe formula gives "a sheer, healthy glow without feeling oily," a tester noted. The miracle ingredients: green, red, and white tea extracts, which protect from environmental stressors like smoke and smog while hydrating and smoothing uneven skin tone.
Tinted Moisturizer Runner-Up: Supergoop! SPF 35 Daily Correct CC Cream ($32, nordstrom.com)
Best Blush: Cargo Water Resistant Blush ($26, cargocosmetics.com)
- This blush won't budge even when you get sweaty. "All three shades — peach, rose, and coral — are superflattering," a voter noted. "One swirl of the brush is all you need."
Blush Runner-Up: Josie Maran Cosmetics Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee ($22, josiemaran.com)
Best Eye Shadow: Almay Intense i-Color Bold Nudes ($7, almay.com)
- These palettes — there's one to complement every eye color — take the guesswork out of where to apply each shadow for your go-to daytime look. "The pretty shades made my eyes pop," a reviewer told us.
Eye Shadow Runner-Up: Cargo Eye Shadow Singles ($16, cargocosmetics.com)
Best Nail Treatment: Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Dry & Go Drops ($8, drugstores)
- These drops are perfect for the impatient girl on the go, they "dry nails within 60 seconds," a tester marveled. "I get a salonlike finish at home."
Nail Treatment Runner-Up: Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment ($18, julep.com)
Best Nail Polish: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss ($6, drugstores)
- This lustrous polish, available in 45 shades, shaves precious minutes off your mani time because you don't need a topcoat.
Nail Polish Runner-Up: OPI Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer ($9, ulta.com)
Best Lip Gloss: Bite Beauty Lush Fruit Lip Gloss ($22, Sephora stores)
- This "supershiny gloss moisturizes my lips without making them sticky," a reader commented. It comes in 12 juicy shades.
Lip Gloss Runner-Up: Dior Addict Gloss ($30, dior.com)
Best Bronzer: Too Faced Endless Summer 16-Hour Long-Wear Bronzer ($30, toofaced.com)
- A quick sweep of this powder acts like a sun-kissed Instagram filter for your complexion. "It's great for fair skin," one user said. "And it has good staying power." Sixteen hours to be exact.
Bronzer Runner-Up: Physicians Formula How-to-Wear Bronzer ($14, drugstores)
Best Conditioner: Matrix Biolage Advanced Keratindose Conditioner ($19, matrix.com for salons)
- A combo of silk and pro-keratin strengthens weak and damaged strands. "It leaves my fine hair shiny all day but not greasy," a tester said. "And I love the clean scent."
Conditioner Runner-Up: Redken Diamond Oil Conditioner ($19, redken.com for salons)
Best Smoothing Product: Blowpro You Only Smoother Advanced Smoothing Spray ($22, ulta.com)
- For hair with a mind of its own, a few spritzes of this will coat each cuticle to put strands in their place "without weighing them down," a tester told us.
Smoothing Product Runner-Up: Agave Healing Oil Treatment ($24, sephora.com)
Best Volumizer: Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse ($28, moroccanoil.com)
- Argan oil infuses tresses with intense hydration while the lightweight foam takes your 'do to the next level. The proof: "It gave me fabulous hair with lots of bounce," a fan said.
Volumizer Runner-Up: Pureology Pure Volume Instant Levitation Mist ($26, pureology.com for salons)
Best Shampoo: Rene Furterer Lissea Smoothing Shampoo ($28, beauty.com)
- Sudsing up with this sulfate-free formula stops frizz from forming. Avocado oil drenches your hair in moisture, while jasmine and bergamot impart a sultry fragrance.
Shampoo Runner-Up: Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo ($18, redken.com for salons)
Best Frizz Fighter: L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum ($7, drugstores
- Amino acids and protein join forces to shield hair against humidity for days. "The grapefruit scent is energizing," a voter said.
Frizz Fighter Runner-Up: Joico Humidity Blocker Finishing Spray ($18, joico.com for salons)
Best Shine Product: Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray ($36, oribe.com)
- "This is like a shiny topcoat for your hair. Plus it gives roots volume, and it smells like a cross between the beach and fresh linens," a tester commented.
Shine Product Runner-Up: L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil ($7, drugstore.com)
Best Curl Enhancer: Paul Mitchell Curls Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer ($22, paulmitchell.com)
- A cream-gel hybrid that proves that two is better than one. "This defined my waves and kept them frizz-free, yet it's not sticky like most curl creams," a user said.
Curl Enhancer Runner-Up: Ouidad Wave Create Sea Spray ($23, ouidad.com)
Best Root Touch-Up: TouchBack Marker ($30, Ulta stores)
- So long, pesky grays! "This is quick and easy to use, thanks to the applicator, which is like a big felt-tip pen," a tester said. "The color stays put — even through Spinning class — until you wash it out."
Root Touch-Up Runner-Up: Clairol Root Touch-Up by Nice 'n Easy ($8, drugstores)
Best Heat Protectant: Redken Iron Shape 11 Finishing Thermal Spray ($16, redken.com for salons)
- This prevents strands from getting singed. It also locks in your style all day, whatever the weather, testers told us.
Heat Protectant Runner-Up: Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defense Conditioning Spray ($35, philipkingsley.com)
Best Deep Conditioner: Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy Damage & Color Repair Deep Nourishing Treatment Mask ($5, Target stores)
- Hydrating ingredients prevent flakes and tangles. "My fried ends look as if they were just cut," a reviewer noted.
Deep Conditioner Runner-Up: Alterna Haircare Caviar RepaiRX Micro-Bead Fill & Fix Treatment Masque ($42, sephora.com)
Best At-Home Hair Color: Garnier Olia ($10, drugstores)
- This kit delivers salon-rivaling shades without drying your strands. Sunflower and passionflower oils leave hair "soft and glossy," one reviewer said.
At-Home Hair Color Runner-Up: eSalon Color Enhancing Treatment ($10, esalon.com)
Best Hot Tool: Coolway AutoSense Styler ($130, coolwayhair.com)
- The secret weapon is the included spray, which makes your hair easier to style at lower temps and prevents the iron from exceeding 299 degrees. "Who knew it was possible to straighten without causing crazy damage?" a staffer marveled.
Hot Tool Runner-Up: Ion Titanium Pro Multi Styler ($70, sallybeauty.com)
Best Leave-In Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Overnight Miracle Repair Serum ($7, drugstores)
- "I rake a few pumps through my hair before bed and wake up with polished curls and no mess on my pillow," one reader reported.
Leave-In Conditioner Runner-Up: Joico Daily Care Leave-In Detangler ($15, joico.com for salons)
Best Hair Spray: Redken Control Addict 28 High Control Hairspray ($20, redken.com for salons)
- Meet your hairstylist in a can. This maximum-hold spray tames flyaways, keeps hair in place, adds lift and blocks frizz — all without flaking.
Hair Spray Runner-Up: Arrojo Primp Working Spray ($22, arrojonyc.com)
Best Tool: Clarisonic Aria Sonic Skin Cleansing Brush ($199, clarisonic.com)
- The face brush favorite is now loaded with new features, including three speed settings. The oscillating head leaves skin with "a smoother texture and a deep-down clean feel," one reader said.
Tool Runner-Up: Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System ($13, drugstores)
Best Cleanser: Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Lactic Acid Cleanser & Mask ($34, philosophy.com)
- Talk about a clean sweep. This gel gently exfoliates makeup, sweat, and grime, resulting in soft, glowing skin. "I was able to wear less foundation," one reviewer told us.
Cleanser Runner-Up: Murad Daily Cleansing Foam ($28, murad.com)
Best Toner: Boots Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz ($8, target.com)
- Mist this toner on a cotton pad post-cleansing to remove leftover makeup. Even better, stash it in your locker so you can cool your flushed complexion after a tough workout.
Toner Runner-Up: Red Door Spa Professional Purifying & Clarifying Toner ($26, Red Door Spas)
Best Scrub: Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Exfoliant ($32, fresh.com)
- Sure, it sloughs away dullness, but what hooked our reviewer was that its meadowsweet extract kept her oily skin shine-free all day.
Scrub Runner-Up: Clearasil Daily Clear Refreshing Superfruit Scrub ($6, drugstores)
Best Serum: Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 ($53, vichyusa.com)
- Rhamnose — a naturally derived sugar — in this anti-ager targets stubborn crow's-feet, laugh lines, brow lines, and neck creases. After one week: "My skin looks tighter and more refreshed," a voter said.
Serum Runner-Up: Bliss Firm, Baby, Firm Serum ($75, blissworld.com)
Best Face Oil: Jack Black Epic Moisture MP10 Oil ($32, getjackblack.com)
- With 10 natural oils, this "fast-absorbing, light" formula gave our testers' skin a major moisture boost.
Face Oil Runner-Up: Murad Renewing Cleansing Oil for Face, Eyes and Lips ($32, murad.com)
Best Spot Brightener: SkinMedica Lytera Skin Brightening Complex ($125, skinmedica.com)
- This special blend of ingredients lightens freckles, age spots, melasma, and post-acne marks.
Spot Brightener Runner-Up: Diorsnow Anti-Spot Serum ($150, dior.com)
Best At-Home Dermatologist Treatment: Riiviva Microderm ($299, riiviva.com)
- This gadget exfoliates dead skin, revealing the healthier layer underneath. "My fine lines, brown spots, and acne scars were less noticeable after a few uses," a tester said.
At-Home Dermatologist Treatment Runner-Up: Perricone MD Blue Plasma ($95, perriconemd.com)
Best Mask: Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask ($17 for six masks, drugstores)
- The tissue mask delivers vitamin C to even out your skin tone with no mess or rinsing. "My skin felt smooth and fresh," a user remarked.
Mask Runner-Up: Fresh Creme Ancienne Ultimate Nourishing Honey Mask ($130, Fresh stores)
Best Night Treatment: Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream ($17, drugstores)
- You'll wake up glowing, thanks to this formula's star ingredient, soy, which combats dullness, blotchiness, and uneven skin tone. "This is not your mom's night cream; it's light and nongreasy," a volunteer told us.
Night Treatment Runner-Up: Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone Night Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme ($70, esteelauder.com)
Best Wrinkle Fighter: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream ($26, drugstores)
- A rich moisturizer, this kick-starts cell turnover so that you notice almost instant anti-aging benefits, such as firmer skin, as well as long-term ones, like reduced wrinkles. "I look five years younger," a tester marveled.
Wrinkle Fighter Runner-Up: Pro+Therapy MD C8 Peptide Deep Wrinkle Treatment ($95, lovelyskin.com)
Best Acne Blocker: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat ($31, laroche-posay.us)
- The formula clears clogged pores and nixes oil so zits don't have the chance to rear their ugly heads. "My skin looked smooth and matte, but it didn't feel dry," a voter said.
Acne Blocker Runner-Up: Oxy Maximum Action Tinted Spot Treatment ($7, drugstores)
Best Pore Minimizer: Malin + Goetz 10% Glycolic Acid Pads ($48, malinandgoetz.com)
- Along with reducing the appearance of pores, one speedy swipe helps keep skin clear, fade dark spots, and soften fine lines without irritation. "My complexion has never looked so even and radiant," a reader said.
Pore Minimizer Runner-Up: Beauty Rx Refining Pore Treatment ($45, beautyrx.com)
Best Makeup Remover: Simple Eye Make-Up Remover Pads ($6, Walmart stores)
- These make cutting through even the smokiest of eye makeup a cinch. The pads contain soothing vitamins that make eyes feel "refreshed, without stinging them," one fan said.
Makeup Remover Runner-Up: Sephora 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Gel ($10, sephora.com)
Best Moisturizer: Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer ($45, shiseido.com)
- Botanicals in this light, creamy lotion keep skin cells healthy. Even if you skimp on sleep, your complexion looks bright, testers noted.
Moisturizer Runner-Up: Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture! Satin Finish Lotion ($13, drugstores)
Best Eye Cream: Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream ($60, shiseido.com)
- The TLC your delicate eye area needs. This plumps fine lines, boosts hydration, combats dark circles, and lifts saggy skin. That's what we call eye candy.
Eye Cream Runner-Up: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion ($62, esteelauder.com)
Best Lip Balm: The Honest Company Organic Lip Balm Trio ($10, honest.com)
- These certified organic balms "soften chapped skin without feeling goopy," a reviewer reported.
Lip Balm Runner-Up: Nivea Lip Butter ($4, drugstores)
Best Teeth Whitener: Oral-B Professional Series Deep Sweep + Smart Guide Triaction 5000 ($160, department stores)
- Here's something to smile about: "This electronic toothbrush has five brushing modes, including sensitive and deep-clean options, which are especially useful," a tester said. "It makes my teeth feel as if I've just had a cleaning at the dentist."
Teeth Whitener Runner-Up: Go Smile Truly Whitening Toothpaste System ($50, gosmile.com)
Best Hair Remover: Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X ($449, triabeauty.com)
- Get rid of unwanted hair at home with this handheld device, which emits a laser pulse to disable follicles. Use it once every other week for three months and you'll have smooth skin.
Hair Remover Runner-Up: Remington Electric Roll-On Wax Kit ($20, target.com)
Best Body Lotion: Jergens Daily Moisture Dry Skin Moisturizer ($7, drugstores)
- "It absorbs quickly and makes my skin soft without any stickiness," a tester told us.
Body Lotion Runner-Up: Moroccanoil Body Butter ($52, moroccanoil.com)
Best Body Wash: Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hibiscus Creamy Body Wash ($8, drugstores)
- The foamy lather gives skin such a "silky smooth feel, I skipped using lotion after my shower," one reader told us. "And I love the tropical scent."
Body Wash Runner-Up: Dial Coconut Water Body Wash ($5, drugstores)
Best Shaving Cream: EOS 24-Hour Moisturizing Shave Cream ($3, Walmart stores)
- "It's creamier than other shaving formulas, so you can shave wet or dry. That makes the life of an active girl so much easier," a reader noted.
Shaving Cream Runner-Up: Skintimate Skin Therapy Skin Moisturizing Shave Gel ($3, drugstores)
Best Bath Product: Kneipp Stress Free Bath ($20, kneippus.com)
- A spa in a jar, this orange and mandarin essential bath oil will soak your stress away. Add two capfuls to warm running water, slip in, and unwind.
Bath Product Runner-Up: Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Soothing Muscle Soak ($4, crabtree-evelyn.com)
Best Hand Treatment: Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect Hand Creme ($6, drugstores)
- What sets this tube apart: Along with delivering intense hydration that doesn't feel greasy, it contains brightening ingredients that fade dark spots, resulting in younger-looking hands.
Hand Treatment Runner-Up: Eau Thermale Avene Cold Cream Hand Cream ($15, aveneusa.com)
Best Body Scrub: Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Body Exfoliator ($48, moltonbrown.com)
- Spicy notes, like pink and black pepper, tangerine, ginger, and patchouli wake up your senses (yes, even at 6 a.m.), and crushed bamboo stems leave skin feeling like butter.
Body Scrub Runner-Up: Caudalie Divine Scrub ($38, caudalie.com)
Best Foot Product: CeraVe Renewing SA Foot Cream ($11, cerave.com for doctor's offices)
- Salicylic acid and ammonium lactate exfoliate heels so the moisturizing ingredients can penetrate better. Slather on before bed and wake with crazy-soft feet you'll want to rub against someone.
Foot Product Runner-Up: Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub ($22, julep.com)
Best Self-Tanner for Face: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Glow Moisture ($42, dgskincare.com)
- The golden color that develops in one to three hours will have your friends asking where you went on vacation. "I apply this lotion before bed and wake up looking radiant," a reviewer said.
Self-Tanner for Face Runner-Up: BareMinerals Faux Tan Face Gradual Glow Sunless Tanner ($24, bareminerals.com)
Best Sweat-Proof SPF for Face: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen with Cell-OX Shield XL ($36, laroche-posay.us)
- This powerhouse contains five active ray-blocking ingredients and a hefty dose of antioxidants for UVA and UVB protection. But what won our readers over was the texture. "I love the silky, dry finish," one said. "It never dripped into my eyes or felt sticky during my hourlong run."
Sweat-Proof SPF for Face Runner-Up: SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 ($40, skinceuticals.com)
Best Self-Tanner for Body: BareMinerals Faux Tan Body ($26, bareminerals.com)
- No streaks, nasty odor, or pumpkinlike color here. The amber-tinted lotion helps you see where you put it, preventing streaks and resulting in a natural-looking bronze shade that lasts up to seven days.
Self-Tanner for Body Runner-Up: Vita Liberata Phenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse ($54, sephora.com)
Best Everyday Face Lotion with SPF: Estee Lauder DayWear UV Base Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant & UV Defense ($39, esteelauder.com)
- Spiked with antioxidants to fight free radicals, this SPF 50 lotion is your ticket to turning back the clock. Hyaluronic acid and glycerin plump your skin and give it a dewy glow. Smooth it on before foundation as a protective primer.
Everyday Face Lotion with SPF Runner-Up: Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 ($46, obagi.com for info)
Best Portable SPF: Murad Essential-C Sun Balm Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA +++ ($25, murad.com)
- This small but mighty stick glides on tricky spots like your ears and nose for UVA and UVB protection. "The balm gave my fair complexion plenty of coverage," a hiker reported.
Portable SPF Runner-Up: CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Stick ($10, drugstores)
Best SPF for Lips: Coppertone Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3, drugstores)
- "This held up in the heat during a summer race, and my lips stayed protected and never felt dry. I'll tuck it into my pocket for long runs and bike rides from now on," a voter said.
SPF for Lips Runner-Up: Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3, kissmyface.com)
Best Everyday Body Lotion with SPF: Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion ($10, drugstores)
- Get your swirl on! Aloe- and antioxidant-laced ribbons combine with water-resistant broad-spectrum sunscreen to pamper and protect your skin. "It absorbs quickly without any greasiness," a voter reported.
Everyday Body Lotion with SPF Runner-Up: Paula's Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 50+ ($15, paulaschoice.com)
Best Sweat-Proof SPF for Body: Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($11, drugstores)
- Water and sweat won't reduce this sunscreen's effectiveness. "It glides on evenly and kept my skin shielded during a bike ride on a scorching 90-degree day," a reader told us.
Sweat-Proof SPF for Body Runner-Up: Supergoop! SPF 50 Antioxidant-Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C ($19, sephora.com)
Best Dry Shampoo: L'Oreal Paris EverStyle Texture Series Dry Shampoo ($7, drugstore.com)
- A few shots of this mist will soak up oil and infuse volume into limp locks. "It's perfect to help refresh your hair after the gym or if you're running late in the morning," a tester noted.
Dry Shampoo Runner-Up: Paul Mitchell Dry Wash Express Dry Waterless Shampoo ($21, paulmitchell.com for salons)
Best Body Mist: Crabtree & Evelyn Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus & Sage Refreshing Body Mist ($20, crabtree-evelyn.com)
- Exactly what you crave after an intense workout, this blend of eucalyptus, sage, blood orange, and cedarwood is invigorating. Bonus: Sage's deodorizing properties help you smell sweeter until you hop into the shower.
Body Mist Runner-Up: Molton Brown Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Eau Fraiche ($45, moltonbrown.com)
Best Cleansing Wipes: Simple Oil Balancing Cleansing Facial Wipes ($7, drugstores)
- Remove makeup and dirt with these soft face wipes, which are alcohol- and sulfate-free. "They left my skin feeling healthy and clean," a reader told us.
Cleansing Wipes Runner-Up: Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Face Wipes ($7, target.com)
Best Palette: Pixi Soft Focus Fresh ($34, Target stores)
- Housing 12 shadows, six blushes, and four lip glosses in shimmery and matte textures, "this palette has everything you need when you want a polished but natural look," one reader said.
Palette Runner-Up: Flower Shadow Play Eyeshadow Quad ($10, walmart.com)
Best Hair Elastic: Goody Ouchless Elastics ($4, Target stores)
- These are "the cutest hair bands ever!" raved a tester, who loved the variety of colors and patterns in each pack. "They held my ponytail tightly in place during my four-mile run. And when I took them out, they didn't pull or cause breakage."
Hair Elastic Runner-Up: Goody Ouchless Elastics ($5, Target stores)
Best Deodorant: Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Antiperspirant/Deodorant ($10, drugstores)
- Whatever your perspiration trigger — exercise, heat, or stress — this formula blocks odor and wetness. "I applied it in the a.m. and still felt confident enough to grab dinner with friends after hot yoga," a user said.
Deodorant Runner-Up: Mitchum Advanced Control Antiperspirant/Deodorant ($4, drugstores)
Best Portable Fragrance: Mark Fragrance Hits Fragrance Pencils ($16, meetmark.com)
- Each one holds a solid scent you can use on your wrists or neck. Need an energy boost? Try Jewel. In the mood for something fun? Go with Celebrate. Feeling sexy? Swipe on Very Sassy.
Portable Fragrance Runner-Up: Escada Cherry in the Air ($56, sephora.com)
Best Makeup Multitasker: Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Sculpting Trio ($20, Sephora)
- "This kit of blush, bronzer, and highlighter totally streamlined my morning beauty routine," one convert said. "Swipe it on for a pretty 'I just got back from Spinning' flush."
Makeup Multitasker Runner-Up: Mineral Fusion Glow & Go 3-in-1 Color Stick ($20, mineralfusion.com)