Targets: Back, shoulders, triceps, abs, and obliques
- Holding a dumbbell in left hand, get into side plank position on floor: Lie on right side with hips and legs stacked and prop torso on right elbow; lift hips. Bring bent left elbow by side so that dumbbell is in front of belly.
- Maintaining side plank and keeping left elbow glued to side, lift left forearm to point toward ceiling.
- Slowly extend left arm straight up, then bend elbow 90 degrees to lower dumbbell behind head; extend arm up again.
- Lower left arm back to start.
- Do 10 reps; switch sides and repeat. Do 2 to 3 sets.