Two-Way Wood Chop
Targets shoulders, obliques, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, holding a single dumbbell with both hands, arms extended slightly in front of you.
- Shifting weight to right leg, bend right knee as you bring dumbbell to outside of right knee.
- Pivoting on right foot, swing dumbbell diagonally up to left as you turn slightly to left.
- Reverse movement to lower weight by right knee again.
- Do 10 reps; switch sides and repeat. For the next set, begin chop high with dumbbell over shoulder rather than low and with dumbbell near knee.