6 Stretches for a Lean, Limber Body
4. Hamstring Stretch Series
- Place a small folded towel behind your head and lie faceup on the floor with legs extended and feet flexed.
- Bend right knee to chest and interlace fingers behind hamstrings as close to your groin as possible; gaze at your chest and keep your chin down, neck long (not shown).
- Tighten the muscles of your pelvic floor and extend leg, pushing through the heel and contracting quads.
- Return to start and repeat; do 5 reps.
- Repeat, turning thigh outward (heel points in), for 5 reps.
- Relax and repeat, turning thigh inward (heel points out, toes point in), for 5 reps.
- Switch legs; repeat series for a total of 15 reps on each leg.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.