The Pilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi Energy-Boosting Workout
Circuit 21. Tree Pose
- Stand with feet together, palms together in front of chest.
- Place sole of right foot on left inner thigh, as high as you are able; turn right knee out to side.
- Keep hands in front (easier) or extend arms overhead, keeping palms together (more challenging).
- Bend left knee slightly to work quads.
- Hold for 7 to 10 breaths.
- Go directly to Single Leg Circle.
Strengthens: Glutes, Hamstrings, Inner Thighs; Improves Balance
- Remaining on left leg from tree pose, straighten right leg and bring it out in front of you, toes pointed toward floor.
- Drawing abs in, make 1 large circle clockwise with your right foot, keeping hips still; exhale 1 full breath to draw the circle.
- Keep hands on hips (easier) or arms extended overhead (more challenging).
- Reverse direction, drawing a counterclockwise circle.
- Do 7 to 10 reps per direction.
- Go directly to Rooster Stands on One Leg.
Strengthens: Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings, Shoulders; Stretches Back
- Remaining on left leg, bring right leg in front of body, knee bent 90 degrees and thigh parallel to floor.
- Slowly bend left knee in a half squat, keeping weight over heel.
- As you squat down, bring arms down in front, then out to sides and back above head as you straighten leg.
- To make it easier, don't squat down as deeply and keep your right foot closer to floor.
- Do 7 to 10 reps.
- Repeat the entire series, starting from Tree Pose, on opposite leg.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.