Follow us on Pinterest
Welcome! Log In | Register |
Log In with

7 Deadly Fitness Sins: How to Stop Sabotaging Your Workout

  • Comment Comments (0)
  • Print Print

SIN #3: Gluttony

GLUTTONY: You think exercise will right all your diet and lifestyle wrongs.

"Many people use exercise as an excuse to overindulge," says Althea Zanecosky, RD, a professor of sports nutrition at Drexel University in Philadelphia. But as healthy as exercise is, it's not a panacea, and it certainly won't undo bad-for-you behavior like drinking to excess, smoking, or a poor diet. Plus, "exercisers often overestimate how many calories they are burning, so they're putting back on everything they've burned off and then some," Zanecosky adds.

REDEMPTION: Follow the 80-20 rule.

Of your overall diet, 80 percent should consist of healthy foods. You can "cheat" a bit with the remaining 20 percent, but keep an eye on portion control. If you drink, do so in moderation. And smoking? Clearly not good, no matter what you're doing in the gym.

Next:  SIN #4: Lust

 

What do you think of this story?  Leave a Comment.

What do you think? Review this story!
7952962377

Add your comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Register | Log In

Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."

Todays Daily Prize
More Smart Savings
Fitness Magazine on Facebook