Increase Your Flexibility
Many women have tight hip flexors, which leads to poor flexibility and possible injury. To keep your hips limber, do this stretch from Robert Reames, the instructor of the Extreme Makeover Fitness DVD, twice a day.
- Lunge forward with left foot, bending left knee 90 degrees and lowering right knee to floor.
- Tilt pelvis forward until you feel mild tension in the front of the right hip.
- Raise right arm overhead, reaching to the left side.
- Hold for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Return to start and repeat on opposite side.