Sensational Legs in Only 3 Moves
Advanced Exercises1. Lunge and Curtsy
- Target: back, glutes, inner thighs, hamstrings
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent and abs engaged.
- Lunge to the left side with left leg, bending knee 90 degrees and shifting weight behind you; keep left knee over heel, right leg straight and left foot facing forward (not shown).
- Immediately lift left knee back toward chest, then cross the leg behind you, bending both knees into a curtsy.
- Do 12 times; switch sides and repeat.
- Target: abs, glutes, hamstrings
- Hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand. Lunge behind you with right leg, keeping left knee over ankle and right leg straight.
- Lean forward, keeping your back straight, abs engaged and head facing forward; try to bring weights below your left knee.
- Lift through hamstrings, butt, and core to pull yourself back up to a standing position. Do 12 reps.
- Switch sides; repeat.
- Target: glutes, hamstrings
- Stand tall, with feet hip-distance apart, abs engaged. Lean upper body forward, touching the floor in front of your toes.
- Keeping your fingers (or palms if you're able to) on the floor, point left toes and lift left leg behind you as high as you can without moving hips.
- Pulse up 12 times, then hold for 12 counts.
- Return to start.
- Switch legs; repeat.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, March 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.