8 Weeks to Your First Mini Triathlon: Beginner Plan
Essential Gear: 5 Items
We've boiled things down to our five favorite training essentials.
- With its lightweight aluminum frame and relatively light price tag, the Felt FW4 road bike is perfect for the beginner triathlete. $699; for info, feltracing.com
- The supercute Zoot Sports TRIfit Hula Honeys Racesuit goes from the swim to the bike (padded rear) to the run (built-in sports bra). $110; zootsports.com
- Giro's Skyla helmet has 20 vents to keep you cool while firmly hugging your head. $38; for info, giro.com
- Mizuno's Wave Creation 8 running shoes have a unique cushioning system to get you through the final miles. $130; for info, mizunousa.com
- Barracuda's Wire Naia goggles have a comfortable silicone seal to prevent raccoon eyes. $16; skylinenw.com
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, July 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.